Public Entertainment

A Public Entertainment License is required for the use of premises where the public use the facilities for entertainment or recreation, even if it is free or donation based. However the rules surrounding Community Groups vary between Local Authorities. The responsibility of ensuring the venue is licensed for an event lies with both the third party and the venue owner.

To check if you need a license, or to apply for a license contact your Local Authority.

Other Community Toolkit Topics to look at:

Further sources of information

We are always interested in your views and experience of using the Community Toolkit. If you have any feedback or questions please complete our Feedback Form

The Community Toolkit is owned and maintained by Skye and Lochalsh CVO Conditions of Use
Last Updated 17/04/2013 13:19