Licensing Regulations most likely to affect your community group include those associated with the sale of alcohol, public entertainment and public performance.

There are many occasions where your community group or organisation may require a special or occasional license to permit you to undertake certain activities.

These will typically include:-

  • an event where you will be selling alcohol such as at a dance
  • an event open to the general public, for which you charge an entrance fee – this could be inside a building or outside (such as a gala or agricultural show)
  • a cheese and wine type function where admission is by ticket and alcohol is included in the price
  • a late–night event

Other Community Toolkit Topics to look at:

Further sources of information

We are always interested in your views and experience of using the Community Toolkit. If you have any feedback or questions please complete our Feedback Form

The Community Toolkit is owned and maintained by Skye and Lochalsh CVO Conditions of Use
Last Updated 19/04/2013 16:51